Friday, December 4, 2009

Blogger Play and our common consciousness

It's my pleasure and privilege to contribute to the Lunar Gazette for the first time.

As you probably know, this blog is hosted on Google's blogger.com service, and it's probably the biggest blog provider out there.

Back in 2007, the folks administering Blogger added a neat feature. Since people are constantly uploading photos to their blog posts, someone thought it would be a good idea to show, in real time, the photos that everyone is uploading at any given moment. So play.blogger.com was put up in 2007 for just that purpose.

At the time, the blogger.com staff did a little article (a blog post, of course) about Blogger Play. I was a fan immediately, because I started noticing something peculiar about the photos being uploaded.

If you believe, as I do, that all humans share a common consciousness, then I thought it might be possible to detect patterns in the various pictures being uploaded to blogs at any given time--subconscious patterns that transcend the latest "trending topic" on Twitter (e.g. pictures of Tiger Woods this week...nothing like that).

This exercise has provided me with some interesting patterns over the time that Blogger Play has been up.

Some of the patterns in photos I've detected at any given time were: two circular objects, facial obscuration (by mask, veil, injury or otherwise), death, the color pink, the blues/depression, and so forth.

In all these cases I was convinced that the patterns detected were well beyond coincidence and could only be explained by our universal, connected common consciousness that influenced what photos people were uploading.

Far-fetched? I encourage you to try play.blogger.com when you have sufficient time to analyze at least thirty or so photos, and make your own decision.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent idea! I'm one who is always looking for a pattern in everything, so I will have to check it out.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and have fun here at the Lunar Gazette. I know we will have fun reading you. I am going to check the player out right away.
    Brightest blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to say that I have checked that link every day since I've read the article. It's fascinating. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete